Pregnant? Call 1-800-972-9225 or
text 415-355-4636 with your questions.
For Adoptive Parents
Thank you for inquiring about our services. Adoption Connection is a full-service, licensed adoption agency in California. Randie Bencanann, LCSW, and Lynne Fingerman, MSW, Adoption Connection’s Co-Directors, are highly regarded and experienced professionals in the field of open adoption.
What makes us unique?
- • Adoption Connection is, first and foremost, a nonprofit social service agency that pursues practices that best support the adopted child.
- • Our clients receive individualized attention. Every adoptive family is different. We make sure that our families receive one-on-one facilitation when they need it most.
- • Birth families come to us because of our nonjudgmental counseling and support.
- • Adoptive parenting (like all parenting) is a lifelong practice. Our exceptional workshops provide the tools and support families will need to be the best parents—not just in the beginning, but over time as their child grows.
- • Our fee-for-service contract. Pay only for the work that we do for you to help you find your baby.
Adoption Connection offers:
As one of the first open adoption agencies in the country, Adoption Connection makes our programming and business decisions based on the best interests of our birth and adoptive families. Our clients come to us because they want to know that their baby came to them in the most ethical and loving way possible.
Individualized Support and Preparation
Adoption Connection is committed to answering all your questions and giving you individualized attention so you can get the support you need, when you need it.
We plan to be there for the life of your family. Our workshops and support groups prepare our clients so they have the information necessary to parents at every stage of their child's development. See our upcoming workshops.
Adoption Connection understands that families come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. We welcome couples and individuals of all ages, religions, ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.
Our adoptive families benefit from pay-as-you-go services. Our total fees average $14,000 - $17,000. Birthmother expenses, and legal and transportation costs, generally range between $2,000 - $10,000, depending on a birthmother’s residence and her needs. Since families pay as they go, fees are spread out over the entire adoption process. The length of the process is contingent upon when the adoptive family creates a match with their birthmother and when the baby is born.
The Adoption Tax Credit is a way that some adoptive families may claim reimbursement for qualifying adoption expenses. The credit is currently set at $10,000, but may once again be scaled for inflation, potentially bringing it to near the 2012 amount of $12,650. For details visit our blog post about adoption financing and consult with your tax advisor.